11:59 PMAdd to Calendar
About The Event
Start your Independence Day the right way with a 5k! For the first time in 30 years, the July 4th AdventHealth Watermelon 5k will be virtual. The health of our running community and community at large is our focus. We encourage everyone to celebrate the day, support community causes and make the best of the situation by creating your own at-home running experience.
As the Title Sponsor, AdventHealth is happy to sponsor this virtual 5k in support of our military veterans. AdventHealth employs large numbers of veterans in all areas of the organization, from doctors and nurses to chaplains to senior executives.
• Select one of the virtual 5k packages shown below.
• All medal package registrations registrations from June 25th through July 4th will receive their packet in 2-3 weeks. (Participants will be notified by email when they can pick up their packets at Track Shack OR add shipping for just $3 per household.)
• Curbside pick-up is available at Track Shack (July 1-July 3) for:
- All medal package registrations registrations prior to June 25th
- All 'shirt-only' package registrations
• Complete your virtual race ANYWHERE at ANYTIME!
• Registration ends 11:59 pm July 4th.
DOMESTIC SHIPPING ONLY. PLEASE PROVIDE A VALID USA MAILING ADDRESS.
Submit your results online, by July 11th and receive a customized finisher certificate (digital, tank and medal packages).
• Proceeds are donated to the Track Shack Youth Foundation.
• Learn more about the Foundation and its impact on Central Florida youth.
Processing fees will apply
17 & under and 65 & over: $5 OFF through July 3 (tank and medal packages only)
Can't be combined with other discounts.
Military Personnel & Dependents: $5 OFF through July 3 (tank and medal packages only)
No other discounts apply - Veterans, active duty and reservists
from any branch of the U.S. Military and dependents with military ID.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and state your branch to receive the
military discount code. Can't be combined with other discounts.
Friends & Family Pricing: Receive 15% off through July 3 when you register 3 or more participants (tank and medal packages only)
Use code: friendsandfamily
Valid on online registrations only. Can't be combined with other discounts.
Must register all participants under one transaction.
AdventHealth Employees: Receive $5 OFF while supplies last (tank and medal packages only). Employee ID must accompany paper registration. Coupon code is required for online registration. NOTE: Code distributed by AdventHealth Contact: Alex.Noboa@AdventHealth.com
Register for any package and receive a FREE 8 week training guide. Plus you'll be automatically entered into a chance to win a GARMIN compliments of Florida Dairy Farmers.
Let’s show appreciation for our military personnel. Nominate someone that’s active or retired military and they are automatically entered into a chance to WIN!
- Between June 18-29 nominate someone by tagging them on @orlandoTrackShack Instagram
- The random Staycation winner will be chosen on June 30.
- The winner receives: 2-Night Hotel Stay and dinner at Cala Bella or A Land Remembered at Rosen Shingle Creek.
Create a team and show your support of our local military! The team with the most participants (minimum 15) will have a $250.00 donation made on their behalf to a local 501© (3) organization that supports military service.
Charitable examples may include i.e. active, reserve, veterans, wounded service personnel, military families or ROTC organizations. Results of the team competition will be announced on July 4th.
What makes up a team? Any corporate or civic group can form a team.
The Spotify playlist is the next best thing to being at the 5k!
Listen to enhance your virtual experience >>
Join the Facebook event to receive up to date info, share photos, and get a race day feel!
Race morning you can:
- View a Welcome Message from Jon and Betsy Hughes
- Listen to the National Anthem from Central Florida Community Arts
- Enjoy the Watermelon Eating Contest photos!
Use Facebook to Leave a Comment on AdventHealth Watermelon 5k Virtual - We'd love to hear from you!