7:15 AMAdd to Calendar
Are you looking to cheer on your friends and loved ones as they run 13.1? MAKE A PLAN and make it easy for them to spot you cheering them on!
Spectator and Cheer Zones
Mile 2 - Ferncreek Ave and Concord St.
After Mile 4 - Near the 3rd water stop, Primrose Dr and Nancy St.
After Mile 7 - Ferncreek Ave. and Michigan St.
Mile 11 - At Delaney Park, Delaney Park Dr and Delaney Ave.
Mile 11.5 - Around beautiful Lake Cherokee, Lake Ave and Palmer St.
Finish Line - Celebrate your runner at the Lakeside Party.
Follow these tips and you won’t miss a single step of your runners’ race! DON’T KNOW ANYONE RUNNING? We have some tips for you too!
1. YOUR CHEERING LOCATION should be planned ahead of time so your runner can spot you on the course!
2. WEAR BRIGHT COLORS and tell your friends what you’ll be wearing so they can spot you.
3. HOMEMADE SIGNS are so inspiring. Funny is also good. A sign with your runners’ name works every time.
4. WAIT A LITTLE LONGER if your runner hasn’t passed in the expected amount of time. They make take longer than expected.
5. DRESS COMFORTABLY. Check the weather and plan accordingly. Rain, shine, warm, or cold, the race will still go on!
6. CHEER as loud as you can! Runners feed off the energy that the crowd generates.
7. PERSONALIZE YOUR CHEERS Yell out runners’ names on their bibs or t-shirts.
8. CHEER ON EVERYONE! You may be giving encouragement to someone who needs it to keep going!
9. SIGN UP FOR RUNNING TRACKING! Estimate your runners location and have enough time to get from one location to the next if you are viewing from multiple locations. Runner tracking >>
10. POSITIVE CHEERING helps runners finish! Never tell a runner they’re almost done when they are not.
Use Facebook to Leave a Comment on OUC Orlando Half Marathon & Barney Butter Lake Eola 5k - We'd love to hear from you!