Track Shack Youth Foundation Awards $30,000 to Community Organizations Promoting Youth Health & Fitness.
Track Shack Youth Foundation’s Board of Trustees recently awarded over $30,000 to 32 area schools and organizations that provide health and fitness education and encourage young people to participate in a wide range of sports and fitness related activities in Orange, Seminole, Volusia and Lake counties.
Track Shack Youth Foundation proudly introduces its most recent grant recipients and their exceptional programs:
• Ainsley’s Angels of America, Maitland, Orlando Chapter
• Altamonte Elementary School, Altamonte Springs, Soaring Eagles Cross Country Team
• Bay Meadows Elementary School, Orlando, PE
• Blankner K-8, Orlando, Smile Mile Club
• Brookshire Elementary School, Winter Park, K-2 Swimming Lessons
• Central Florida Gliders, Altamonte Springs, Cross Country
• Colonial High School, Orlando, Cross Country
• Dommerich Elementary School PTA, Maitland, Running Tribe
• Dommerich Elementary School PTA, Maitland, Walk n Roll
• Dover Shores Elementary School, Orlando, Lady Falcons Running Club
• Dr. Phillips High School, Orlando, Cross Country
• Edgewater High School, Orlando, Boys Track & Field
• Edgewater High School, Orlando, Girls Track & Field
• Freedom Elementary School, Deland, 5k
• Lakeville Elementary School, Apopka, Runners Club
• Lake Nona High School, Orlando, Cross Country Invitational
• Lake Sybelia Elementary School, Maitland, Dolphin Dashers Running Club
• Olympia High School, Orlando, Track & Field
• Orlando Rowing Association, Orlando, ORA
• Oviedo High School, Oviedo, Track & Field/Cross Country
• Palmetto Elementary School, Orlando, Physical Education
• Pine Hills Youth Sports, Orlando, Fall Season
• Pirate Runners Club, Orlando, Cross Country
• Smith Prep Education Foundation, Longwood, Afterschool Soccer Program
• Sterling Park Elementary School, Casselberry, Screaming Eagles Track Team
• Tavares Middle School, Tavares, Cross Country
• Timber Creek High School, Orlando, Cross Country
• Trinity Preparatory School of Florida, Winter Park, Cross Country/Track
• Victory Church World Outreach Center, Apopka, GodSpeed Apopka
• Wekiva Elementary School, Longwood, Cross Country
• Westbrooke Elementary School, Ocoee, PE
• Winter Park High School Foundation, Winter Park, Showalter Field
• Winter Park Youth Baseball, Winter Park, Babe Ruth Regional Tournament
“We would like to thank all the individual contributors who have made donations over the past year in support of these wonderful youth programs,” said Betsy Hughes, co-owner of Track Shack.
In addition to individual contributions, financial support of the local organizations is also made possible by runners and walkers who actively take part in Track Shack’s local running events. Race proceeds positively impact the community and improve the quality of life for so many.
About Track Shack Youth Foundation
Founded in 1994, the Track Shack Foundation’s purpose is to promote lifelong health and fitness emphasizing youth and running programs in our Central Florida community. To date, over $2 million has been committed to the local community, supporting a variety of different programs. The Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization that was founded by Jon and Betsy Hughes, co-owners of Track Shack and Track Shack Events, and is managed by a Board of Trustees who have an interest in and dedication to the mission. To find out more about the Track Shack Youth Foundation, to donate or apply for funds, please visit www.trackshackfoundation.org .Use Facebook to Leave a Comment - We'd love to hear from you.